Mostly fed by digging through Wowhead’s list of 4.1 additions so far.
- The Hallow’s End event is getting reworked to the “new model” of seasonal events (dailies get you tokens which you use to buy items).
- The Children’s Week event might be getting the same treatment, too.
- There’s definitely going to be Firelands dailies.
- Hydra pets for hunters! (But then, that’s pretty well known and all over the place already, so it’s not really that much of a guess. There are other changes to pet models and new tamables as well – a good summary of the changes to hunter pets can be found on the Petopia forums.)
- The method of obtaining the Winterspring Frostsaber mount is going to be changed to dailies, matching the method of obtaining the Venomhide Ravasaur mount. (And about bloody time, too – that repgrind was absolutely godawful. It makes me wonder, though, what will happen to the reputation faction… if it simply disappears, Alliance will have one less faction than Horde due to the existence of Tranquillien.)
- Nightsaber Cub: TCG reward. Panther Cub: at this point I’ve no idea – it’s a white item, so the odds of it being a ZG drop are a bit low. Winterspring Cub: sold in Everlook. I wonder how much gold I’ll make reselling the latter on the AH… probably a fair amount, especially considering the luck I’ve had with Highland Pomegranates (and those are, at least in Orgrimmar, sold just a few yards from an AH).
- There’s going to be a raid encounter in the Firelands involving Fandral Staghelm. (Please oh please let us kill the bastard…)
- There’s going to be a raid encounter in the Firelands involving Alysra, the green dragon who (supposedly) transported Fandral Staghelm to a safe location in Moonglade. Whether it’s the same encounter as the above or a separate one, I’ve no idea.
- There might be an event of some sort involving Anachronos. Boss fight, perhaps.
I’m curious to see how right I am as the PTR progresses.