This is not the post I was originally going to make. That post had a few screenshots of me turning the rest of my raid group into bunnies throughout yesterday evening, and the reactions.
This post? Well…
Madness HM is finally dead.
Without the nerf.
We got very close yesterday after swapping out a shadow priest and swapping in an arms warrior for the extra slow on the phase 2 blood, with several 2% wipes. “Okay, we’ll get him tomorrow, this works” we told ourselves.
Today, our warrior informed us that he had an eye infection, and couldn’t raid. Cue a collective groan and facepalm, because our bad luck on this fight has been legendary. Seriously, it’s like we were cursed.
– A shadow priest trial, key to our original strategy, decided he wasn’t enjoying his shadow priest and wanted to go back to his previous main, and quit without warning.
– Our main tank and our second healer quit on the same day, again with no warning, citing too much stress and lack of enjoyment.
– A death knight trial just… stopped showing up to raids.
– A hunter got himself poached by another guild (apparently being with a guild for a month and going from 4/8HM to 7/8HM with them doesn’t make them deserving of your loyalty).
– An elemental shaman trial decided that raiding five days a week was just not for him, after barely a week of raiding.
– A balance druid disconnected mid-raid, then logged the day after and quit the guild, again with no warning, with the only explanation being “it’s for the good of the guild”.
– Our amazing second mage had a sudden attack of massive real life issues, rendering him unable to raid for quite a while (he’s still not back).
Add to that various real life issues, illnesses, injuries, connection deaths, power cuts, computer deaths, and so on (you have no idea how many raids we had to cancel or cut short because a key member of the raid couldn’t attend).
So we sighed, swapped the shadow priest back in, arranged for our rogue to be our second slow, and prepared ourselves for an evening of wipes.
And then we promptly two-shot it.
Bonus screenshot (Drexi being our warrior with the eye infection, who had to sit out):
It dropped No’Kaled for our lovely enhancement shaman, Kiril for me (which puts me three items from full BiS gear, four counting a ring I’ve been passing to every other agility user in the raid because crit/haste is ew – why yes, I am ridiculously lucky)… and the rare Blazing Drake in addition to the 100%-drop Life-Binder’s Handmaiden.
We’ve had the Blazing Drake drop once before. A social member won it. I promptly bought it off him for 30k gold and gave it to Alieth. (Because nothing says “I love you” like giving your significant other a ridiculously rare mount. ;))
Karma and the RNG gods came through, and I rolled a 97 on it, which made me quite happy.
And then Alieth rolled a 90 on the other mount, which made him quite happy.
And then we went to Firelands to kill Ragnaros HM for the mount (and some upgrades, such as the necklace off Staghelm for our mage and the necklace off Ragnaros for me), and I rolled a 70 on that, and nobody else rolled higher than 37. Which made up for the two times I lost it rolling 95+.
It’s been a good night!