I thought I’d seen every bug in DS
I was wrong. Tonight, on Hagara, we got a brand new one.
Yes, that is a chunk of an ice wall lagging behind. No, I have no idea how that can happen. This is the first time I see it.
Dragon Soul in general is a rather buggy raid. Off the top of my head, and just counting bugs I’ve personally experienced, I can think of bugs on, let’s see…
- The ball is prone to getting bugged and not moving after a bounce. This is recoverable on the 30% nerf, but very much a wipe on 0% if it happens at the wrong time.
- Conductors in the lightning phase not conducting properly;
- Ice walls spawning immediately rather than with a slight delay (not an issue for a raid that doesn’t tank Hagara in the middle, but spelled doom for a lot of LFR raids before it was fixed);
- A chunk of the ice wall lagging behind.and now this)
- It’s possible, although extremely rare, to click the button with the correct timing but still die to Fading Light or Hour of Twilight).
- The bloody fire keeps bloody spreading in phase 2. Makes it such fun to kill the boss when it happens.
Spine of Deathwing
- Most people probably wouldn’t have noticed this one: if you switch Power of the Aspects off, the first tendon of the first pull you do will still be debuffed.
Madness of Deathwing
- Thrall randomly dropping people;
- Limb tentacles on non-assaulted platforms 100-stacking Burning Blood if damaged at all and wiping the raid;
- The cast on Cataclysm not stopping immediately when you pry off a limb (leading to a wipe if you’re slightly slow and pry it up with only a few seconds to go on the cast);
- Alextrasza will occasionally leave a Blistering Tentacle alive when burning them off;
- If you use Dream to mitigate a Hemorrage (the damage spike that happens when you get the head to 15%, 10% and 5%), the damage from Corrupted Blood will spike up to the highest strength possible and then remain there rather than settling back down, making healing extremely intensive at best and impossible at worst.
And I could swear I’m forgetting some of them, especially for Madness. I hope MoP raiding is less buggy, but I’m not holding my breath.
(Fun note: I just searched Google for “Dragon Soul bugs”, wondering if there were any more bugs I’d not seen before, and the first handful of results were for Skyrim. Heh.)